- Ministries in charge of the Environment, Agriculture, Energy
- National technical structures and institutions related to climate resource mobilization
- Private sector
- Civil society and NGOs
Preparation of Libya for Climate Finance and establishment of the National Designated Authority - Readiness program of the Green Climate Fund (GCF) | Readiness Libya
The « Preparation of Libya for Climate Finance and establishment of the National Designated National - Readiness program of the Green Climate Fund (GCF) | Readiness Libya” project aims to strengthen the technical and institutional capacities of the Libyan entities responsible for Climate Finance for access to sources of funding, in particular from the GCF, through practical actions including the creation of a National Designated Authority (NDA).
- Global Environment Facility - GEF
December 31, 2019
The execution of the project made it possible for several activities to be carried out, including:
- The establishment of the National Designated Authority (NDA), including the definition of its mission, the formalization decree, etc.
- The organization of training and capacity building sessions for the NDA;
- The development of a non-objection mechanism;
- The development of a platform for exchanging and sharing information on the NDA and GCF activities;
- The development of a gender study;
- The establishment of an Ad-hoc committee responsible for periodically approving the new GCF guidelines on climate finance;
- The development of a communication strategy and an action plan;
- The elaboration of a Memorandum of Understanding between national partners for the mobilization of Climate-dedicated financial resources;
- The identification of the main national stakeholders involved in the mobilization of climate-dedicated financial resources;
- The identification of the national institutions that will enter the GCF accreditation process and the creation of a partnership between the NDA, the accredited entities and the other national project leaders;
- The development of guidelines/recommendations for better involvement of the private sector in climate finance;
- The design and release of awareness-raising and communication media on climate change and climate finance (film, poster, etc.);
- The design and edition of didactic materials: guidebook on accessing Climate Finance-GCF (Arabic and English), supported by a summary paper.